Monday, July 7, 2008

Today


Daniel left at 8am to take Bronwyn on her newest adventure. They have some errands to run on their way home (here and here and here), so I anticipate an early evening arrival.

I've got diapers on the line and the bathing suits and towels that were used yesterday are being washed. Jackson's bedding also needs to go through the wash because although he sleeps through the night without wetting his bed, we're not always successful with getting him to the potty on time in the morning. (No, he's not potty trained or even being potty trained. It's just that I realized he doesn't wet while sleeping, so I figure I'll save his bottom the diaper time most nights...)

The house has been dusted and vacuumed, and the kitchen is swept. It's already proving itself to be a warm, muggy day and somehow a clean house makes me feel less hot come late afternoon, so I figured I'd get some quick blitzing done.

Aubrey's sleeping (she was awake earlier than usual this morning and, consequently, is already napping) and the boys are playing quietly with action figures. I can't figure out how having one less child around, particularly the one who rarely causes problems or gets in disputes, makes things so much calmer, but it does.

I think I'll take a walk down to Mom's in a few hours, after I've got more laundry on the line and the boys have eaten their promised picnic lunch in the yard.


3 comments:

  1. Another agreement that one less child (whether it's 3 to 2, or 4 to 3) seems to make things easier.  Maybe it's because Mom's skill set has adapted?  I can remember having just one child in the house and feeling like I could *never* get everything done.  It makes me chuckle at myself now.  (tho sometimes i'd like to go back to having just one but with the knowledge i have now.  everything would be so organized!)

    ReplyDelete
  2.  
    Please update on Bronwyn's appointment when you can!

    I'm having the same kind of day. Erin is at my mom's so one less kid makes such a huge difference. She, too, is the one who is my helper and rarely gets disciplined but somehow going down, even by one, makes a difference.
     I have clothes drying on the line and I've been running around trying to get sheets changed, bedrooms dusted, etc. before the heat really takes over and I feel like melting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @gandw93 - Sometimes I stop and consider the fact that at some point this current season I'm in will probably seem easy in retrospect.   Even if we don't have any more children, there is the quickly approaching season of life involving outside-the-home activities that my children are largely too young for at present.  Knowing that day is coming helps me not take myself too seriously right now, you know?!And you can bet certain that I, too, would re-do only having 1 child armed with the knowledge I now know about mothering and homemaking if I could!

    ReplyDelete