Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Pictures

Daniel, Aubrey and I hit the road Thursday afternoon to begin our trip to Maryland for Daniel's cousin's wedding and we returned last night at about 9:15pm and almost 1200 miles later. We had a really, really, really great time. I'm very glad we went, if rather tired today!

We stopped our first night at the home of the Trelease's in the Syracuse, NY area and had a wonderful time of visiting, eating steak (!), taking a walk, and enjoying them and their home.

Eric & Jen's daughter, Eleora, is just 1-1/2 months older than Aubrey-- it was fun to watch them try to figure each other out!
Photobucket

Eric reading the girls a bedtime story
Photobucket


We arrived in Maryland Friday afternoon and did a quick settling in our hotel room and changing before the ceremony at 5:30pm. It was a beautiful wedding-- every detail was accounted for and even the weather was gorgeous.

Daniel, Aubrey, and I immediately following the ceremony on the church steps
Photobucket

Daniel and I especially enjoyed the exceptional live music at the reception, as well as the unbelievably good food (fillet mignon and stuffed shrimp, among other things-- yum!). Aubrey entertained herself much of the evening with spoons.
Photobucket

Daddy and his girl
Photobucket


On Saturday we went to a lake house that Daniel's Uncle Ed (father of the bride) and his wife Nancy rented for family to join them at. It was a huuuuuge house right on the water. I was very thankful for the chance to visit with this side of Daniel's family since I hadn't even met some of his aunts, uncles, and cousins before now.

Daniel got most everyone involved in a 1000 piece puzzle at some point or other.
Here he is with his cousin Chris:
Photobucket

The bride (Daniel's cousin) and groom looking at an old photo album with Grand-Daddy Huber
Photobucket

Aubrey loved her second cousin Sophia
Photobucket

Daniel's grandparents (his mom's side of the family)
Photobucket

Aunt Nancy holding Aubrey
Photobucket

We were very glad that Aubrey got to meet her Great-Grandma Huber, who is one of her most faithful prayer warriors
Photobucket


I took lots more pictures-- like the 5 up-close shots of the unique bustling on Jackie's bridal gown that I want to show Carina-- but I'll end now.

I'm glad to be home with kids, pleased with how exceptionally well Aubrey traveled (these were her first overnighters away from home, excluding hospital stays), and so incredibly thankful to have met/spent time with some really great family that Daniel really loves!

It was a fun 5 days.

(Well, except for the 13 hours it took to get home yesterday. )


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the pictures of Aubrey and Eleora.  Eric told me Sun. he would eventually post some so I was very excited to see that you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @oldfatgramma - I saw the shelf you made for Eleora in her room.  I commented on how cute it was and Jen told me you made it!   Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I forget to mention that I think A. is adorable?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I made the first one when Lael was born and for most of the grandkids since then.  I told Eric and Jen that since we moved down here away from the girls, I was going to be Ellie's old fat gramma too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo -- I was hoping you took pictures of the wedding dress! ;) Right up my alley these days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting these!  I've been wishing that I was a bit farther North these last few days... (sigh...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great time!!  An out of town wedding is a wonderful excuse to get away for a weekend, in my opinion at least!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had such a wonderful time with you guys!  Aubrey is a doll!  You definitely have to come again.  I'm glad you had such a great time at the wedding as well.  Hope to see you soon...

    ReplyDelete