Friday, July 25, 2008

Doctors are like mechanics


I'm afraid to tally up the number of trips to doctors and hospitals that members of our family have made in the past year. I think it would frighten me. I mean, you know it's bad when a week without a doctor's appointment is novel.

This afternoon was my turn to see the doctor. I had a mole removed from my knee.

Holy moley, the excitement never ends around here!

If it's not an echocardiogram, it's an open biopsy. Or strep tests. Or blood draws. At the very least, somebody needs to be weighed or measured.

I think seeing a doctor is kind of like bringing your car to the mechanic. You bring your perfectly fine car in for inspection. When you pick it up, your bill is $1000 because of all the needed repairs and you have to bring it back in to have something else checked.

My point: you have no idea how many things could be working better than they currently are until a professional opens the hood.

P.S. I write this all very tongue in cheek. I'm thankful for doctors, I really and truly and from the bottom of my heart am. I don't resent their efforts to keep my and my family healthy one bit!


3 comments:

  1. I hope you are not too sore.  I pray that no one else from your famiy has to see a doctor for at least a few weeks.  I'm sure you are tired of spending so much time getting to, sitting in and getting home from doctor's offices.  But then, we are all thankful for skilled doctors. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just wish they all had the same wait time as Dr.Bero?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK- I just was scanning my private home page and saw your post.  When I looked over it quickly I read "Doctors are like maniacs".  Hahaha!
    Anyway, I need to find a Doc down here to take some moles off of Ry's back.  He has one that his bulet proof vest is rubbing all of the time.  I'm just a bit afraid to make any Dr. appointments right now! 

    ReplyDelete