Friday, July 18, 2008

Lately::


:: Aubrey has made more serious attempts at crawling. The sand at the beach yesterday proved to be quite the incentive to move away from the middle of the beach blanket she had been placed on.

:: I've been wrestling through how to go about the open biopsy Bronwyn is scheduled for first thing Tuesday morning. I still haven't been able to get through to our family doctor to hear her thoughts on why general anesthesia is worth the risks, so the plans to go through with the procedure are still very tentative.

:: my summer phlox are finally (!) blooming a bit, but they're very small and pathetic. My original plan for the front Tulip Bed was to plant astilbe around the tulips for summer blooms, but then I thought annuals (which these phlox are in our zone) each year-- that I start from seeds to save $$-- would do the trick. Not so much. I think I'll go back to my original plan.

:: speaking of flowers, I've now got some things in my Fence Bed, after having the sod turned-- and then re-turned-- for over a month! Forsythia in the far corner to anchor the garden, bee balm, cone flower, black-eyed susans, hollyhock, iris, and batchelor's button to start with. Mom also gave me a peony plant that I want to plant near the retaining wall and then add more to.

:: we spent the afternoon at the beach yesterday. Fun! I love seeing my kids splash around and enjoy the water for hours. Not to mention, even peanut butter and jelly tastes better when you eat it outdoors.

:: I've been line-drying most of my laundry and am really happy with the results. It's saving us money, plus the laundry smells so good!

:: one of the things we did while we were away over the weekend was visit a church in the Deep Creek, MD area. It was a smaller congregation and I think our presence blessed them. I love visiting churches when I'm away and seeing firsthand that there are people all over who love Jesus. True, they didn't look exactly like me, they didn't worship quite like the way I'm accustomed to, their family demographics weren't like mine, and they talked/sang with a southern drawl, but there was a kinship in Christ that far supersedes the differences. Amazing!


4 comments:

  1. The sense of kinship is amazing. The identification as family members goes deep, doesn't it? What a wonderful family it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why they use general anasthesia either for the biopsies.  Dr. Damaron used it on our grandson, Cayden (4 yrs. old) as well.  They even used it on him when he had to go down for a previous visit for an MRI before the biopsy.  He did just fine though, and they let his mom go in the procedure room with them until he went to sleep and they she came out durinig the procedure.  He went to sleep very quickly she said.  I wasn't thrilled at all about the whole thing myself, even as a grandmother, for both times he had anasthesia, but God was certainly watching over him, and when he had his biopsy done on his knee, the doctor said he would be very sore and bruised, but, everyone prayers were felt.  He walked out on his own without a wheelchair and never once complained of any pain.  Awesome.  God is truly an awesome God.  That was a sure testimony to his mom and to my son of how great our God is and how prayers really are answered.  I will be praying for your daughter Brietta and for both you and Daniel as you get answers to your questions before anything takes place.
    Much love & blessings,  Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brietta :) Sending hugs today, hoping that you are having a lovely Friday afternoon! I enjoy catching up with you here so much. Praying with you for Bronwyn's procedure. Love, Q

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just want to drop a line or two to let you know I appreciate your concerns as well.  I also want to share with you what God has often reminded me about and that is that His grace
    is sufficient at the time of our need.  I can tell you that that has been the testimony that
    I had each and every time I needed it too. I will be praying for you and Daniel and of course
    for your daughter too.  God Bless you and your family, you both are doing a great job at this thing called parenting.  It is refreshing to watch you and your husband as Godly parents.

    ReplyDelete