Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Tomorrow's Excuses

It's been a busy couple days. We're getting ready for tomorrow.

You see, tomorrow the kids and I are packing up and heading to my parents' for 3 weeks.

The reason the kids and I are leaving tomorrow is that Daniel is leaving tomorrow for 3 weeks in Spain and, well... I'm still not supposed to lifting my children or climbing stairs excessively and, well... if you have kids and a 2-story house, you know this is basically impossible if you're home alone with them for 3 weeks and, well... yes, as a matter of fact, I am imposing on my family for help during this time.

Daniel's last days before departure have been a flurry of laundry, printing plane itineraries, laundry, packing sound systems, laundry, paying bills (I fell completely out of the bill-paying-loop upon baby's #3s arrival into our home almost 1.5yrs ago, so Daniel leaving that task to me in his absence would probably mean more work than doing it himself), laundry, double-checking things like the van rental, baggage allowances, instrument carry-on policies, etc., laundry, delegating lawn-care to an unsuspecting and all-too-kind college student, laundry, running to Wal-Mart for shampoo and deodorant, laundry, drama and music rehearsals, and did I mention laundry?-- because it feels like I've been doing laundry non-stop.

My parents hosted an early birthday celebration for Daniel last night-- squeezed in-between Spain dance preparations and an end-of-the-year piano recital. I'm hoping that lunchtime tomorrow will provide a chance to give early Father's Day gifts and hugs to an almost-27-year-old really and truly great dad.

And, in the meantime, my list of things to do is growing the longer I sit here, but after a busy morning, I've been told that naptime isn't optional. I can't complain because I sure was starting to feel tired. The dizziness and faintness that arrived full-force on Sunday morning has been my close friend these last 3 days, so it feels good to put my feet up. (Have I ever mentioned that I just love anemia?)

So, anyway, I know you don't really care about what has to be done here in our little yellow house before the sun sets tomorrow night. This is really just a very pathetic excuse as to why I haven't updated in a couple days.

9 comments:

  1. I am so with you on the hockey and soccer thing!!  I find it funny that I played soccer my whole life and can't stand to watch it played on tv!  (It's even boring to me live sometimes!)  Good luck packing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have no obligation to update!
    I know, I know, coming from the pest who left this blunt request on your last post-
    "Update."
    How did this come so soon? How did this Spain trip creep up so fast?
    Wow. It still seemed like months away, yet now it's here. Course I'm not the one doing laundry and packing. Well, I am doing laundry. Lots of it. But not packing.
    Anyway-
    I will surely be praying for you. Eric's offer to have the kids any day still stands. And I know that Sinclair household always has drivers coming to Potsdam! So as much as you will miss them during the day, hey- it's not all about you, ya know! Maybe they want to get out and have a life, too. Maybe we like having them.
    Think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also more than happy to take the kids for a day/cook meals for your family, etc. I have been really enjoying reading to my kids, more and more lately, so much that I wish I could just sit down with a whole bunch of little kids and just read to them, serve snacks, let them play, etc. I can't begin to tell you how much I love it!
    I will continue to pray for you and your family. I'm sure that all these changes, during this pregnancy, have been so crazy, but God's hand is continually in all this and He will comfort you and provide for you. (You meaning your whole family.) Please do not hesitate to ask, if you need anything, even if it's last minute or 3 a.m.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You take care of yourself.  I will be praying for a safe trip for Daniel. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. no fair!  i want to be home when you're there for three weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's cool this has come up so fast.....when I first heard Daniel was still going to Spain I didn't think it was a good idea, but I didn't have the faith you guys did.  And you're doing so well that the dr says you can get around a little more!   My faith is being worked on, but it's still not that strong; I wish I could hear from God that easily.  I feel so much better seeing the good things going on with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How are you? Have you settled into your parents house yet? What a blessing that they live so close and can help in such a great way!
    Well I'm off to pick Tim up. After this weekend, only 7 more days to go!!! A light at the end of the tunnel:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I wanted to also comment on the fact that tomorrow you'll be 25 weeks. Each week is so important and what a blessing it is! Full term here we come!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is wonderful that you can go back home for the weeks Daniel will be away!  Enjoy the process because it is the best thing to do!  We will be praying for a fruitful Kingdom Trip for Daniel and a restful and happy time for you and the little ones.  We love all of you!

    ReplyDelete