Thursday, April 2, 2009

random


I came down with a pretty bad headcold Tuesday night, but I'm thankful that at least I haven't had bad pregnancy-sickness the past two days on top of it (maybe 12 weeks will be the magic number this pregnancy for feeling totally good!?). So far the rest of the family seems healthy, and I'm thankful for that.

Yesterday at one point after the kids went down for quiet time/naps, the house was totally quiet except for the dishwasher and washing machine. All I could think was how thankful I am for these modern appliances that allowed me to put my feet up and close my eyes for a bit without really skipping too much of a beat around the house. What an awesome blessing I too often take for granted!

It rained all day yesterday and now, after having had a burn ban, the grass is green and spring looks to really be springing! Even our tulips, which are some of the last to pop up because of the highly-shaded area they're planted in (this also makes for a longer blooming season, so I try not be too impatient), are poking through the ground, much to my delight. The first spring we had tulips was two years ago when I was on bedrest; I think seeing tulips will always bring me back to those days of sitting and wondering and praying.

Daniel is headed out of town for the weekend. I am looking for ways to fill our days. Anyone want to come over? Or be invaded by 5 people for a morning or afternoon?


6 comments:

  1. I'd so have you all here to play!, turns out though we are going home this weekend to visit family. Maybe we won't go home for Easter. Who knows... I'm on such an "okay that sounds fun let's do it" kind of whim lately with feeling so tired and not getting much of anything else done... so if you were still having a get together tomorrow night (which I haven't heard anything yet) I regretfully won't be making it.. this time that is! I know days/weekends without Gabe here can seem kinda long and boring so I do hope you can find some fun time filling things to do, at least you have family nearby! I really miss that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already told Daniel that I'd be over Saturday morning to help you out! What time should I come? 

    ReplyDelete
  3. @loreferguson - Any time.  We'll be here.  I'm so glad you're coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ReneeOckrin - This weekend just seemed too busy for many, so we'll have to do something some other time!  And maybe I can get to your place or you come to mine so we can chat cloth diapers.  I have ALL sorts of thoughts to share now that I've been CD'ing for a year (and I've been part of an online CD'ing forum, too, which has also helped me get far more familiar with all sorts of diapers and systems).  We'll have to talk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm tired.  i would much rather spend the weekend at the little yellow house with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Anyone want to come over? Or be invaded by 5 people for a morning or afternoon?"  -- yes and yes.  Those 530 miles get in the way every time.  

    ReplyDelete