Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I have no shame


I can't even believe I'm posting this picture. (You better send me a thank-you email, Shell!)

Photobucket

I took this photo before church on Sunday. This was my second outfit of the morning. The one I'd had planned physically fit me (as in, I could zip the zipper), but I looked like one of those people who cares more about the number on the tag than about how the clothing actually looks. There is only one other pregnancy when I had this much of a belly this early on (Gabriel), but if I'm truly honest, that belly was more the result of bloating than pooching.

This one is officially pooching.

For belly comparison, go to this very bad picture I took at 15 weeks pregnant with Aubrey (3 weeks further along *cough, choke, sputter* than I am now).

According to the doctor's scale (which I had the oh-so-wonderful privilege of standing on this past Monday), I haven't gained anything yet. Which tells you that that's ALL bad stomach muscles and not one bit what I had for dinner the night before.

I'm okay with it, though. Last week when the pregnancy just felt like throwing up and somehow still getting a belly, I wasn't so thrilled with everything. But Monday I got to hear Baby's heartbeat for the first time and in an instant this pregnancy (which has seemed rather surreal and mostly like a medical challenge thus far) became very, very real to me. We're not just having a bigger family: we're having a baby.

There's a new life inside of me. Full of promise and potential. With little toes and little fingers. I wonder who he/she is. And already I can hardly wait for the smells and the sounds and the feelings.


9 comments:

  1. You look cute with a belly... don't sweat it! I'm not so sure I myself can even say I haven't gained anything yet, that and I too am now wishing I had done a bit more in the 'crunch' department before hand! Oh stinkin' well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful, as always, Brietta. ..especially carrying God''s wonderful gift!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ReneeOckrin - Thanks, Renee!  This is definitely a change for me, though, to get bigger in my belly before I pack on the pounds in, um, other places.    I guess it just goes to show you that no two pregnancies are exactly alike and that just because you've done it once, doesn't mean you can expect the same thing all over again!   Boy, oh boy, is this pregnancy teaching me that!  (I've never been this sick before either.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love belly pics! And, thank you for posting !
    Hearing that heartbeat is amazing every.single.time.
    I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Hooray for the second trimester!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful and you are beautiful.  I personally believe that there is no person more beautiful than a woman carrying a child. 

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWWW, how cute :) Congrats again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im glad someone else has a belly too! After I eat a meal I feel like I look to be 8 months prego instead of 4. It's cute Brietta...and I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are beautiful, like Mom said.Baby heartbeats are soooo addictive...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you look great.  You know, if you're going to FEEL pregnant, you might as well LOOK pregnant!   

    ReplyDelete