Wednesday, April 22, 2009

:: Misc.


:: Last night concluded a series of prophetic presbytery meetings at church. I love these annual meetings so much. I especially love the way I walk away feeling more encouraged and equipped than ever to fight the good fight, serve with no motive other than pleasing the Lord, give gladly and sacrificially of myself and my time and my resources, tangibly love the brethren, and live with a worldwide and eternal perspective.

:: Aubrey is getting her bottom incisors along with her bottom 2-year molars. She is cranky and miserable. I am trying to remind myself that I've lived through this 3 times already and that it doesn't last forever. ('Member that whole eternal perspective thing? Yeah...)

:: Daniel brought Chinese food home for dinner tonight. This is the second time this pregnancy that I've totally caved into a craving. The funny thing is that by the time he got home, I had made myself very sick feeling by running the self-cleaning cycle on the oven all afternoon and stinking the house up.

At least Daniel and the kids really enjoyed the food.

And there are lots of leftovers in the fridge for tomorrow when I'm starving.

:: The fabric for the window valances arrived the other day and it is beautiful. I'm so excited. I think the room will instantly feel so much more put-together once they're done-- and I know it will be quieter! (At present, there aren't many fabrics in that room to help absorb the sounds that bounce all around the cathedral ceiling). My friend is making them for me, which is tremendously awesome of her. The only valances I found to buy that I really liked were $115/each. Purchasing fabric I like was, um, a lot (!!) cheaper.

Photobucket
This is the valance I liked that I then found a pattern similar to.


Photobucket
This is the fabric.


:: I'm several months behind in mailing out birthday gifts to relatives and a baby gift to a friend. I don't know why I always forget to go to the post office. I never forget to return things to the library, but I always forget to mail things. Maybe if Daniel started charging me late fees, I would remember...?


3 comments:

  1. I read this and I suddenly want Riley to wake up so that I can check for his two year molars.  He has been a cranky little man recently.  You would think that on my third child I would have thought of this already, but I didn't!  Maybe there are some teeth causing the issues... or maybe it's just his little human nature causing the issues...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many times do I have to tell you...click 'n ship!
    And I don't believe you that Aubrey is cranky.
    And I have had 2 nights where I DIDN'T give in to a craving!
    And when will I see you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I like the window fabric. Very nice, i have to do something about my windows soon. I need to change them!!  I see that your kids are all pretty close in age too and that you are due in Oct. I am due with #4 in Dec. How has your pregnancy been so far? I have been pretty sick with this one. Well God bless I am glad that you enjoyed your meetings at church. We have been having some great services too. God is moving!! Blessings.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete