Monday, February 25, 2008

Aubrey


Photobucket


It's been a bit since I last really wrote about Aubrey, hasn't it? Or maybe it's just that this month of February has crawled by in such a way as to make me think that 3 weeks ago was really 3 months ago.

Anyway.

Aubrey saw the doctor today. Just because. Just so the doctor could listen to her heart, palpitate her liver, and weigh her. These are the sorts of visits I enjoy because the doctor and I just chat and laugh and marvel together about how well this baby we both love is doing. And we don't discuss anything unhappy.

The scale tipped at 11lbs14oz this afternoon. The nurse and I were both rooting for an even 12lbs, but after realizing that simply wasn't going to happen, we were happy with what we got. "Besides, you just put that diaper back on and she weighs 12lbs anyway!" was Nurse Artie's proud declaration.

In two weeks we make our little trek back to the cardiologists for another check-up. I don't know when, but I know that one of these times Aubrey's miracle will be such that even unsaved, formula-driven doctors will have to glorify God. For now, those of us who know Whose hand it is that holds us all are daily awed by this precious living testimony.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, wow!  I can't believe how much older she looks.  What a precious miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you mean Brietta,she looks like she's grown so much! We serve an amazing God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a precious baby girl! I think her weight gain is fantastic. God is and will continue to change/mol so many hearts, by His little miracle child!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is looking chubbier these days!  I think tummy-time shots always make babies look older too.  Is she rolling yet??

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely girl! She has been in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete