Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Fun Is...

...sorting through winter outdoor apparel and discovering that much more that fits my children than I'd anticipated! My original shopping list had snowboots for Bronwyn and Jackson on it, as well as an entire snowsuit for Jackson. With one swoop through the upstairs closet, I was able to cross off snowboots for both Bronwyn (apparently her feet haven't grown much since last year) and Jackson (with 2-3 pairs of socks we can make a pair in the closet fit!) and the entire snowsuit has been replaced with simply snowpants.

...Aubrey weighing in today at 8lbs,4oz! This is +4oz from last week and brings us to a total of +8oz in the last 2 weeks! (For perspective, she only gained 2oz the previous 2 weeks.) Last week's talk of fortifiers vs. formula supplements-- and which one ought to be added to Aubrey's diet-- is done, hopefully for keeps.

...a major shopping spree that ended this evening with cupboards bulging and the pantry overflowing. I have to imagine that only homemakers derive quite so much satisfaction from seeing 20 rolls of toilet paper stacked in the bathroom cabinet.

...making a quick and simple meal for my family to share at the end of a busy and productive day with the help of one special little lady (who also happened to be my rather cheerful shopping companion all afternoon). We chatted together as I sliced peppers and she ate grape tomatoes. And as I flipped eggs and toasted english muffins, she asked me continually, "What should I do next, Mama?"

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
<edit>The aprons are courtesy of Danica. And, yes, Bronwyn's was handmade.</edit>


14 comments:

  1. What a great report about Aubrey!  She looks wonderful and it is so good to see her at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, snow is much prettier than rain.  We had a thunderstorm last night and snow flurries this afternoon.  Crazy weather.  Isn't it fun to find clothes that still fit?!  Ally has quite a number of sweaters from last year that will work for the next few months.  Maybe it's just me but the thought of buying a complete wardrobe  for each season is overwhelming.
    Bronwyn's apron is so cute.  Is it homemade?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I have to imagine that only homemakers contrive quite so much satisfaction from seeing 20 rolls of toilet paper stacked in the bathroom cabinet." ...It really is true! Lol.
    I wish I could say the same about snowsuits, etc. over here. We still don't have snowsuits for any of the kids or winter coats for the girls. I managed to get hats and gloves, when they went on sale at Old Navy and boots for all of the kids (but the boots were $25 each!) Winterwear is expensive! I'm also hoping to get some sleds that Lucas and I can pull the kids around in. We have one small infact one, but it's too small for the kids now. Fortunately, most sleds aren't too pricey. (At least, not the ones we purchase!)
    Bronwyn sounds like a terrific big helper! I'm sure she had fun on your trip to the store!
    I'm so glad that Aubrey's gaining weight and hopefully can be on all breastmilk soon.  :)  Has there been any more talk of when the surgery will be scheduled?

    ReplyDelete
  4. bronwyn is so pretty, so precious, so sweet -- she makes my heart hurt because of how wonderful she is and how much i love her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is alot of fun in the kitchen - and very helpful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh your aprons are lovely!! (I always forget my one not-so-attractive apron hanging int he pantry until its too late and I have flour goo smeared on my shirt.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea definitely on board with the comment about the toilet paper;) Even though I'm not a full-time homemaker...I feel so relieved & content when my cupboards are full, haha:) Your girls are adorable as always:) Many blessings to you!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha, yea we are a little overly busy right now, but I really think it will all settle down after this weekend...at least enough to finish unpacking in our new home:) Once you have a "nest" to come home to that feels like home it makes life MUCH simpler. At least I think so:) I want to meet your children someday. They are so precious:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just made my much anticipated trip to Walmart.  I must say that seeing all of my toiletpaper stashed away is making ME smile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad to hear how big and fat Aubrey is getting to be. :) That said, I'm more than a bit sad to not be there watching it happen in person. Bummer.

    What you said about shopping was so funny, because just last week (my big grocery shopping trip of the month) I was thinking that a big stock-the-cupboards spree feels like Christmas to me!

    ...and I'm glad you posted that picture, because it reminded me that I'd already given Bronwyn a "functional" apron, so I made her more of a ruffled, June-Cleaver affair. You know. Fancy. :) But don't tell!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the picture, love the aprons, love that your wearing the aprons. No one wears them anymore and that is a sad thing...they're great!
    ...You look stunning by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay!  It's funny how what might seem little to someone else makes us feel good.  The picture with Bronwyn is sweet.  I got 6 "matching!" chairs for my kitchen table yesterday for $20.  Yay!  It really feels good everyone has a seat now, and they actually match and match the table too.  And they're heavy duty.  Alan has broken about 4 folding chairs and other stuff...so he paid $10 of it.  He could have paid the whole 20 but I gave in....The thrift store had them with a table for 24.99 but I really didn't need the table and talked them into just letting me have the chairs.  Maybe I should have offered $15?  But I got a really good deal and I know they can sell the table for $5 or more.  It wasn't in bad shape but it wasn't really any different than what I have and mine folds up easier than that one.  I'd like a new set sometime but this will satisfy me for a while and I can get rid of the high chair now!  I was only keeping Joy in it because there was no where else for her to sit!   When I dress my table up for the holidays I'll put up a picture.  Your life encourages me!  

    ReplyDelete
  13. Count this homemaker in on the "satistfied" over toilet paper supplies!  My kids tease me because I am a stickler about never running out of it!  I am always so happy when each bathroom is amply supplied!  Thanks for the sweet, sweet pictures of your family - it's so much fun to see how they are changing!

    ReplyDelete