Tuesday, November 13, 2007

2 Months

Aubrey is constantly changing. That is the way of newborns, isn't it?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


She "talks" now-- especially when I talk to her-- and her little voice is breathtakingly adorable. While I spend ridiculous amounts of time trying to coax a reluctant smile out of her, she would rather knit her brows together and tell me of her day, it seems.

She doesn't like taking baths, but then, none of my infants have. I don't like her cries as I bathe and dress her, but I sure do love the sweet scent of a freshly washed and lotion'd baby in my arms.

She is asleep most evenings by 6 or 7pm and she spends the rest of the night sleeping very well and having to be woken for almost all of her every-3-hours feedings. Her good nighttime sleeping patterns make it so I dare not complain about her poor daytime sleeping patterns.

She will see the cardiologist tomorrow and be weighed there. Last week she weighed 8lbs,4oz. Looking at her chubby cheeks, I can confidently say that she has gained weight throughout the past several days, though I've given up on trying to guess exactly how much.

This past Thursday she was 8 weeks old and I decided it was high time she start wearing size 1 diapers since newborn diapers are more expensive. My reward was her first two "explosions" resulting from diapers that are too big around her skinny legs and tiny waist. Oh well.

She is much more content this past week than she had been. I'm still not sure what exactly has helped with this, since her medication was lowered, I cut dairy out of my diet, we changed bottles, and I stopped drinking my morning cup of decaf coffee all within about 48 hours. Right now, I don't care what it is that's helping-- I'm just happy she's happier!

Her heart still thumps beneath her chest. Her biggest brother notices her unusual breathing and comments on it. She has her daily medications and frequent bottles of expressed milk. We can't let her sleep too long or cry too much. She has at least weekly medical appointments. She is different than my other babies were in many, many ways.

But God is God of her, just as He is of them. And perhaps it is good that this mother's prayers have become a bit more fervent than they were in the past-- not just on Aubrey's behalf, but also on Gabriel's and Bronwyn's and Jackson's.

Most of all, we deeply love our littlest girl. She amazes us over and over again. There are countless times in a day when Daniel or I, awed as we gaze at her, say to one another, "Can you believe how miraculously God has spared her?" We don't deserve this-- our faith has often failed us and our need of goodness is without question-- and so Aubrey reveals to me with every snuggle and coo the abundant grace and gifts of God in my life.


13 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing... that powerful "mom love" that somehow loses none of its strength when stretched to cover one (or two, or three) more!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a sweetie, Bri. I love her so. Let us know what the cardio guy says.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You brought tears to my eyes.  What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, was fighting back my tears...how precious! Our God IS a big God!
    I was away over the weekend but I plan on emailing you back very soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so wonderful to bump into you today! You look great and it was wonderful to see Jackson and his sweet smile. He sure is getting tall!
    I pictured you reading this post aloud, talking of Aubrey and your other little sweethearts and I could just see the love in yours and Daniel's eyes. It made my heart sing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her sweet cheeks do look like they are getting plumper.  I'm so very glad!  Let us know how things go tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is beautiful. We will add her appointment to our prayer list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aubrey is such a blessing in so many ways.  I have experienced more times of rich prayer and intercession during these past two months than I have for a long time.  Aubrey is a constant reminder to me that I serve a faithful God and that He longs to spend time communicating with me.  I'm sure she gained weight this past week.  I'll be anxious to hear how much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny you should say that, we just might be having a pork poast!
    I feel so crazy not doing a turkey, but like I said- our family will all be away.
    Maybe I'll get a small turkey and use the rotisserie. That always comes out nice.
    But I bet I'll just end up doing http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_17455,00.html
    Praying for your doctor visit today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet she is!  Can't wait to see those chubby cheeks in person!

    ReplyDelete
  11. God is good and we are so blessed.   The miracles He has bestowed on baby Aubrey have blessed her and all of us.  We will continue to pray for His miracles and have grateful hearts that praise Him.  We love you All!  G.Gram

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the pic, the last pics i got to see she was still in the hospital! what a wonderful update, and a good reminder to be thankful yet again for God's faithfulness!!

    ReplyDelete