Thursday, June 11, 2009

Simply


This morning, I stripped my bed-- from the top to bottom-- and began the process of putting the quilt & shams, duvet, sheets & blanket, and mattress pad through the washer. I love a clean bed.

As I hung item after item on the line, I thought about how happy it makes me to see pretty sheets hanging against the backdrop of green, green grass and a blue, blue sky.

I've been thinking a lot this morning about heaven. About how much I want it that sometimes my heart hurts and my eyes fill with tears just from the wanting.

This world is hard.

Young men die, women are abandoned, children get sick, babies are killed before they even take their first breath.

I sin. A lot. And I hate it. I ache for the day that I see Him and I am like Him.

But in the middle of it all-- the pain and the sadness and the ugliness of my heart-- I smile at the simple joy of a bedsheet hanging on my clothesline. And I know how blessed I am that even in the midst of brokenness, He shows Himself to me in a thousand ways each and every day. I can't imagine navigating these waters of life without Him.

I'm so glad I don't have to.

He's with me. Always.

Simply.


2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more! And sounds like we were/are having similar thoughts today (see my post and you'll see why). Our God really is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post, thanks for sharing        Linda

    ReplyDelete