Saturday, June 13, 2009

Celebrating


Gabriel and I marked our first milestone as a homeschooling duo last night: the official conclusion of our first year.

He was very pleased.

I tried my best not to think too much about the years and years of schooling/training/education that lie before me so that I could just enjoy our accomplishment.

Photobucket

I asked him why he wouldn't smile when he stood up front and got his certificate. He said he was told to walk nice and straight, so he decided to be like a soldier.

Of course.

Photobucket

And then we celebrated with ice cream cones at home (well, everyone but me, that is...), which was also quite the occasion as far as the kids were concerned since I have never before purchased cones to go with our ice cream.

It was a great evening.


6 comments:

  1. I see a beginning -- the beginning of many milestones to be marked with joy and celebration of God's goodness in giving the gift of life. Oh, be glad, my beautiful daughter! The years will fly by leaving the markers behind, farther and farther. You will look back, but it will be misty, and gone-by. How could I ever have known...It is good to look ahead, but it is good to remember God's goodness. Seeing Gabriel, your firstborn, with red cap on, reminds me of Danica, my firstborn, wearing her red cap so many years ago. How could I ever have known...Each of you children has worn that red cap now and passed that milestone, each one of you a precious gift of life from God to me and Dad, and ultimately, to the Church and to Himself for all eternity. And I marvel at His wisdom. He most assuredly knows what He is doing when He creates a new life. Most assuredly. He is excitedly anticipating nine more eternal souls living forever with Him -- nine precious souls that I played a part in bearing and bringing forth for His glory. How could I ever have known...Nine sets of milestones I have witnessed -- wonderful and joyous are they all! Absolute treasure in this world.Oh, be glad for your great treasure, you rich woman of God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...I held back the tears reading your post, but then I read your mom's comment...not so much self-control there!
    Waaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!
    I thought you should know, I had ice cream on your behalf! (Breyers Coffee on a sugar cone)...It was DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to both of you!  And thanks for sharing the photos and the thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK ....Waaaaaahhhhhh!!!!! (me too!)Such wonderful words for a precious daughter. And clearly, a precious mother she is too.God is certainly good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS Way to go soldier! (Matthew would be proud!)

    ReplyDelete