Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Reunion


Last night we said our farewells to Daniel's sister and her three little ones, who will be joining Daniel's brother-in-law in Texas on Friday. Saying good-bye is never easy, especially when you're not sure when you'll next see each other.

It was less than a year ago that we said our farewells to my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew who moved to California. Now my sister's expecting her second baby and the realization that their baby will do a lot of growing that I won't get to see firsthand is dawning.

This life is full of changes and distances and separations, most of which are at best bittersweet.

And so this is another reminder to me that our real reunion is in heaven. He's preparing a place for us. Isn't it good to know?


2 comments:

  1. --oh, so very good to know!I have a few more raspberry transplants for you, if you want to try again!
    perhaps Lore could deliver them on her way to work tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to spend as little time as possible thinking about how far away I now am from everyone.  Having email, instant messaging, blogging, etc has hepled me so much in this transition time.  I think in my mind I have "pretended" that we are still close since much of the contact is still the same.  I do keep catching myself wishing to meet with you and my other friends there at the park or beach or something.  Anyway, I know what you mean.  Bittersweet is sure the word!  I do like (and probably needed!) the reminder that one day soon, we will all be reunited in Heaven and no mile could separate us.

    ReplyDelete