Monday, May 19, 2008

Vacation


Yesterday began 2 weeks "off" for Daniel. Yup, he's taking a vacation. We're not planning on going anywhere-- other than Daniel taking the kids to Cook Forest this coming weekend-- but I'm looking forward to it just the same.

Our plans for the 9 days we'll all be together here at home include continued work on the fence (rails need to be put up along one side, there are a few more post holes that need to be dug around my vegetable garden area, and we need to finish painting), a family day with movies and fun foods, digging sod and planting some perennials that Mom is going to give us (Daniel's already promised that he's going to watch the kids a bit so I can do some of this!), and spending lots of time reviewing Scripture memorization and training the kids.

I'm looking forward to getting things done, but mostly I'm looking forward to all of us being together a lot.

Yay!


7 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun!! When Gabe had his spring break we didn't go or do anything really. It was just SO nice and fun to all be together at home and relax and get things done around the house as a family. Enjoy this special time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeay for you guys- vacation is always fun no metter where you are!
    Yes, I did call. I was hoping to get Liz's number, but I got it from Mr. Daniels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!   How priceless after a busy few weeks of the end of the semester for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brietta! I hope these days together will be lovely, joyful & productive :) Love, Q

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun this weekend ~ and in the two weeks ahead.  We wil miss seeing you and Aubrey, but look forward to Daniel's visit with Gabriel, Bronwyn, and Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  6. RYC:  I did organize the trip to the Wilder Farm.  When we took the trip to the Wild Center in the winter, it was such a hit that I asked Pastor Mike if I could organize one trip each season.  We like to get out and do things but its so much more fun when you are with some friends.  The next one will be in the fall, I think, and hopefully have something to do with apple cider. 

    ReplyDelete