Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Bedroom


I promised a while back that I would put up photos of my newly painted and re-arranged bedroom. The problem was that I wanted to wait until my mattress arrived, a shelf was purchased for Aubrey's Corner, Daniel's dresser-top was cleared, etc. Well, the mattress has arrived, the shelf still hasn't been purchased, Daniel's dresser-top is yet a mish-mash of toys that need to be fixed, and now I also have added Buy A Dust Ruffle to my list of things to do, but I'm giving the photo-tour of my room anyway:

Looking in from the dining room:
Photobucket

An immediate glance to the left as you enter:
Photobucket
(note: the wonderful Plymouth Plantation baby basket Mom gave me 5+ years ago)

An immediate glance to the right as you enter:
Photobucket
(that's where all our Fuzzi Bunz action takes place!)

Close-up of a favorite piece of furniture:
Photobucket

The crib, containing some of Aubrey's special things that I want a shelf for:
Photobucket

A better look at the right-hand side of the room
(and another favorite piece of furniture-- the wardrobe):
Photobucket

Looking from my side of the bed out the bedroom door:
Photobucket

Daniel's Corner, hidden by the door:
Photobucket


I love, love, love the colors of the room. And I am loving the mattress. Sooooo comfy! This room's decor has been a slow progression, but the reward is so much greater for the anticipation!


17 comments:

  1. Very nice, I love the colors.....very bright and airy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Very simple, and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the name of the light blue color? It's so calming! Just perfect for a bedroom!
    I noticed poor, boken, Buzz Lightyear awaiting fix-up. At our home, Spiderman sits patiently waiting for knee surgery (his leg broke off!). Why do we parents keep the broken toys? We have had our current broken toy pile for months! I guess it's because it means so much to the kids when their favorites are back in action.
    Lovely room Brietta! The little niche for Aubrey's crib is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brietta, Your bedroom looks really lovely.  Comfortable and looks like a welcoming place to rest.  We had a most wonderful time with Daniel and the children.  It was such a delight to spend time with them getting to know them.  I know it was difficult for him to make that long trip but I do think the children had a most wonderful time doing all the traditional things that take up our time.  The weather was cool except for Sunday when it was really sunny.  What a joy to see each one of them.  I am sure you will hear many, many stories of what they did.  Love, Gramma/G.Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it is gorgeous!  It has such a nice colonial look to it.  And so prettily tidied too!Thank you for sharing. I love these kind of blogs with a photo tour.  

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our Buzz Light Year is broken too.Your room is beautiful!!!  It looks so relaxing. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the colors, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, looks awesome!! Love it, can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @diedersm -  It's a Sherwin Williams paint.  I can't remember the color off the top of my head; it's from one of their colonial colors series.  I'll check the paint can when I get a chance and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Dee - Having a bedroom on the first floor helps me keep it tidied.  I must confess days when I've just pulled the door shut, but I try not to do that because it makes the house feel smaller/cramped.  And I like the incentive to get my bed made nicely each morning, the clothes picked up off the floor, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like a green doorway on the outside and a blue trim on the inside, is that correct?  I like the colors too, everything looks nice.  Your bedroom looks like a good size, what kind of mattress did you get?  A pillowtop or anything?

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Newshoundfortruth - The trim in the dining room is a muddy-green color (sounds awful, but it's nice, I promise!), so one side of the door is green (dining room side) and the other is blue (bedroom side).  When our door is open, which it usually is, there is green inside our room as a result.  This actually doesn't stand out quite as much as I'd initially worried it might.Our bedroom is very big.  Before I had the crib downstairs, it was almost too big!The mattress is the Simmons pillow top.  I think on the mattress scale, it was a 6.5 out of 10-- 1 being very firm, 10 being very soft.  We really like it!   Honestly, though, it wouldn't have taken much to impress us.  Our boxspring was literally broken in the middle so our entire mattress sagged dreadfully.  It's really nice not to have to balance oneself in your sleep so as to not always end up in the middle of the bed and very squished!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @brietta - We are looking at the "Sleep Comfort" beds, but we've slept on a pillowtop at a hotel once that was really nice too.  We've had a waterbed forever, and aren't planning on keeping it when we move.  If we get a tax "rebate" check we were going to get a new mattress.  I like mine soft.... 

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad to finally see the bedroom! So, I take it that Jack is in the bunkbeds?

    ReplyDelete
  15. @danicasinclair - Jack's actually been in his "big boy bunk bed" since last fall. I was ready and so was he. With being in a bed, he's been able to just come downstairs when he wakes up.  I must be exceptionally lazy, because this is a large part of the reason all my kids have been out of cribs by 18-21 months!

    ReplyDelete