Monday, May 26, 2008

Us Girls


We were a foursome this weekend, us girls. All within a couple years of one another's age. All young wives and moms.

In addition to us, there were two nursing babes and two swollen bellies full of hidden blessing.

Being. Eating. Laughing. Telling stories. Sharing thoughts.

They slipped out this morning in the wee hours while my baby and I slept peacefully. There wasn't a good-bye (I never thought I wouldn't wake up and I'm sure they didn't want to wake me), but it was almost better that way. We might live far apart now, but our friendship is ongoing.

I'm thankful for these friends. Tangible expressions from God that I am not alone in this thing called life and serving Christ. Encouragement that it can be done and that there is great support and joy along the way.

7 comments:

  1. How fun!
    I have three girlfriends, from my six years in Michigan, that are among my bestest buds. One I have known "forever" but met the others when I moved there and the kids were 1-6. So many memories of my kids' younger years involve them and their kiddos, it was a (and still is) such a blessing to have them alongside me. The miles don't seem to matter, our hearts are knit together in a way that transcends them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the ice cream and "girl time!"  I loved getting to know the PA ladies.  What a special bunch!
    Jude

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, thank you MUCH for the girl time and I, too, loved getting to finally meet these special friends of yours (and now mine!) Christ has that special way of bonding us together without even much effort on our part.
    Oh, and of course thanks for the ice cream. You know I wouldn't forget to thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just got home... thank you for the wonderful time (and thanks to Lisa and Judy too!!)As you were introducing us and telling how you knew each of us I was thinking how really we're all just wives and moms and Christians together and that's the real bond.  It's so good just "be" sometimes and be reminded that there are others who are doing the same things... and doing them well.No goodbye needed... we'll see each other again in time, I'm sure and until then we'll praying the best for you & Aubrey and the whole gang... and of course we'll miss you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you got some girlfriend time.  It can be some of the best of times, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friends are certainly big blessings!  I'm so happy you got some time with them.

    ReplyDelete