Sunday, September 13, 2009

Two!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Aubrey is two today!

We sure had no idea what to expect when she made her dramatic entrance into the world two years ago, but we knew we could count on God's faithfulness-- and He has been oh so very faithful. I can't even begin to express how blessed we feel as we consider the demonstrated keeping power of the Holy Spirit in Aubrey's life: she has had no long sicknesses, no extended hospitalizations (other than her first few weeks in the NICU), no surgeries, no interventions. Not only that, one would never know anything is different about her heart from watching her: she is active, feisty, developmentally on track, talkative, a busy-body, full of opinions, strong-willed, a good eater, and lively.

Photobucket

Today we not only celebrate the precious, strawberry-blond, spitfire of a little person that Aubrey is, but also the constant and very present reminder she is to us that nothing is impossible with God.

Photobucket

Happy Birthday to an amazing and wonderful girl!


14 comments:

  1. awe happy birthday! My youngest (for now) is going to be two in November. Time is flying for my boys. They are getting so big!! How you doing and feeling?? Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wohooo!!!  Happy Birthday, Aubrey!! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember hearing about her birth like it was yesterday!!  I also remember that when things were looking scary there for a few days, I was crying so hard, I bumped into someone's car at the post office!  When I opened my car door, the lady kept saying "Don't cry, it's not that big of a deal!!"  I finally told her that I wasn't crying about the car!
    She is truly amazing... Happy Birthday, Aubrey!
    PS I just love that first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very Happy Happy Birthday!!  What a special little girl!  Looking forward to seeing God continue to do a work in and through her! 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Lord for the gift of Aubrey's life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I saw the title to your post I thought..."my goodness, Brietta's having twins"..:)  Happy Birthday Aubrey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Aubrey! What an awesome reminder that nothing is too big for God! She is a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praise God! What a wonderful testimony of His goodness, and what a lovely little lady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Aubrey!!  I continue to be amazed at God's faithfulness!Again, I am woefully behind on mailing birthday gifts - hopefully it will be on it's way soon!Much love from Auntie Em!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @sarah_purcell - Oh my! If I was just finding that out at 35 weeks, I would definitely panic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still just can't believe she's TWO. Crazy. Hope she loves her birthday party. What a special little love.

    ReplyDelete