Friday, February 27, 2009

Tears


I bake a birthday cake. I fold the laundry. I change a diaper, and then another. I fill sippy cups and I sweep the floor.

But my thoughts are not here.

My thoughts are with those mourning, saying their last farewell to a dearly loved wife, sister, daughter, mother.

Holding hands tightly together, we pray, my small children and I, for the many hearts that are broken.

Bronwyn, tears in her big blue eyes, grappling for comprehension, says, "But, Mama, nobody knows how to do four-year-old little girls' hair except mamas."

And, together, we cry.

There are people all around us who are facing great, great sorrows. Please, let's remember to pray for them.


6 comments:

  1. I know. Our hearts are aching for this family we don't even know. It just seems unreal. I so deeply wish it were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so sad............... we have friends who buried their 16 mth.
    Down's baby on Monday. Yes, life is full of pain. I'm so thankful for
    God's arms of comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chad, the kids, and the rest of the family will be carried by our prayers.
    It's what we can and should and will do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It breaks my heart to hear of this painful loss. I will be praying for this family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brietta,Your a very caring and sweet girl! I appreciate your sensitivity! Hug your babies and your hubby extra tight! We need to continue to bath this terribly sad situation with prayer.

    ReplyDelete