Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Reasons I adore autumn:


1. The colors. Ohmy, the colors. Bright blue skies peeking out from gray clouds. Orange and red and yellow leaves everywhere. Green, green, green grass. Golds and browns and buffs.

2. Chunky patterned tights on little girl legs. Does it get any cuter, I ask?

3. Routine and productivity. Oh how I love this time of year just for this!

4. Decorating the house with pumpkins and mums and candles and candles and candles.

5. The food. Applesauce and apple pies and apple crisps and apple muffins. Pumpkin breads and pumpkin oatmeal. Chowders of every variety: potato, corn, butternut squash, and more.

6. The anticipation of the holidays! I've been thinking about Thanksgiving the last couple days and have officially decided that it's becoming almost as dear to me as Christmas and Easter, despite the traditional foods not being quite my favorite. (I've learned to make my peace with it by loading up on the roasted brussels sprouts and cranberry bread.)

7. My anniversary. It's coming up, you know. My life was wonderfully changed on October 6, 2001.

8. The way it draws us home. I love the adventure of summer, but I love coming home at the end to candlelight and warm dinners and cozy aphgans.

9. Scarves and leggings and boots and cardigans. Need I say more?

10. And although I could go on and on, I just have to say it again: the colors. They take my breath away every. single. year.


1 comment: