Tuesday, April 20, 2010

our Rock


Today I woke up and drank my cup of coffee. I changed diapers, picked out clothes for my feisty spirited daughter and her smiley younger sister, reminded older children to stay on track with their morning chore routine even though we're all feeling sluggish after several late nights in a row, ate breakfast, loaded the dishwasher, worked on our family Scripture memorization, put the baby down for her morning nap, cracked open the school books with my school children.

Behind it all, though, I struggled. I don't always feel like I know how to align my emotions. There are high highs in life, and some very real lows. Managing them all, learning how to rejoice with one while yet weeping with another, can feel so conflicting. I struggle to know what to say, what to do, how to react to it all, how I can be glad with one and sorrow with another... not wanting anyone to be hurt or overlooked or undervalued in it all.

Last week, my heart broke for a dear family who lost their son in a tragic accident.

This week, my hearts soar with church members who are receiving encouraging and strengthening prophetic ministry.

I am close to tears as I think about a sister in the Lord who lays in a hospital bed weeks after her massive stroke, yet unresponsive.

I enjoyed the visit of a famous artist/producer who may very well be the launching pad for my sister's music.

I pray for the continued healing of a newborn baby who was airlifted to the NICU 140 miles away, my soul still remembering so clearly the turmoil of the days I spent there only 2-1/2 years ago with my miraculous Aubrey.

God is a very personal God. He is intimately acquainted with every single thing that goes on in each of our lives. He rejoices with us and over us. He shares our griefs.

Today, I am reminded that this thing called being His body doesn't need to be a struggle. I just need to look to Him. To lean into Him.

He's the Rock. Unchanging. Faithful. The Same yesterday, today, and forever.

I just need to ever point myself, my children, my friends, my family to Him.


3 comments: