Monday, April 26, 2010

Miss Pip


Aubrey is 100% abounding in personality. She is full of opinions, thoughts, wishes, and demands. She is a tease, a provoker, a director, and a nurturer all rolled into one. Sometimes she makes me wring my hands and shake my head. Sometimes I find myself almost doubled over in laughter at something she has said or done. But always, always, always she keeps me on my toes and is a delight to my heart.

Here is a taste of this crazy awesome girl's dialogue throughout the day:

(And, yes, this is all just from today.)

------------------------------

Me: Why are you getting the stool out?

Aubrey: This is not the time to ask, "Why?" Mama. Just obey.

------------------------------

Aubrey: *talking and jabbering at me as I do my work*

Me: *generally not paying attention to my constant companion*

Aubrey (completely exasperated and putting her hands on her hips): Are you jus' not understan'in' me, Mama, or are you ignorin' me?

------------------------------

Me: Tell Jackson you're sorry and ask him to forgive you.

Aubrey: But I not sorry!

------------------------------

Me: Don't you want to learn to use the potty and stop wearing diapers, Aubrey?

Aubrey: Nope, I will be a baby still.

------------------------------

Aubrey: Kids! You are all not obeyin' me!

------------------------------

Aubrey: I wanna bite, Mama! I wanna bite!

Me: Aubrey, you are whining at me.

Aubrey (sniffling and trying to regain composure): Mama, I please have a bite?

Me: No, Aubrey. You already had your lunch. This is Mama's lunch.

Aubrey: Mama! You must share with me!

------------------------------

Aubrey (to Claire): Clai-re, Clai-re. You the prettiest baby, Clai-re!

Aubrey (to me): Claire is laughin' at me, Mama! She thinks I'm funny! She loves me, Mama! See? See?

------------------------------


14 comments:

  1. What delightful conversation!  What a joy she must be.  I enjoy hearing about that beautiful wonderful little girl.
    As to the ring - well I lost the diamond out of my ring.  He sent it out and had it replaced and then Nathan found the diamond under the cushions on their couch.  So we had that set and now I have two engagement rings  It was funny how he found it.  He said,  "Mom, come and see this looks important!"  And it was.  I hope your ring turns up in the most unexpected place.  Love to All  Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE. THAT. LITTLE. GIRL!
    so thankful for the gift of her life!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie, a sweetie, and so full of life and spunk! She is a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first thought was, "Oh boy" and my second... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankful for that spunky little red-head!
    Thanks for dinner, too. It was awesome, Brietta. What a kind thing for you to bless my family with dinner when you weren't even feeling well yourself. Just like you to do it! Thanks again. Love you and yours.
    P.S. Did Daniel tell you that Bradley came running when he heard "Mr.Paladin was at the house!" He ran in all out-of-breath and shouted, "Hi Mr. Paladin! You're a pastor now and I heard my dad say that and remember that time you went to a real football game?" I'm sure Daniel didn't make out what he said but I thought it was very funny. and RANDOM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had a blast reading this...
    Thank you for sharing..
    And I JUST LOVE YOUR KIDS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it!!! you still need to get that little voice recorded, though.
    because as funny as those quotes are (and they're hysterical!), they're
    even funnier when you picture mini fran drescher saying "are you
    ignorin' [big slurpy intake of breath] me mama?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just loved reading this! What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been laughing all day at this one: "Are you jus' not understan'in' me, Mama, or are you ignorin' me?"

    ReplyDelete
  10. What is it about the fourth child, eh?  Elaina is such a little firecracker and reminds me of my mom's fourth... Emilie, so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooo funny!  It's so cool to see such unique personalities in all your little sweethearts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. way funny and cute! my 3 yr old says mom! you're ignorin me mom!  and for some reason, they always want my lunch!

    ReplyDelete