Monday, November 23, 2009

I am...


... SPOILED! Sometimes I look around at all the wonderful things I have and I wonder how much more blessed a girl can get-- and then God goes and pours out more on me!

So here are some pictures of the latest spoils around here:

The Diaper Bag, handmade for me by my engineer/seamstress sister Danica. I love the orange lining that contrasts the charcoal and white stripes! It's so all-purpose, all-season, while still being a bag I like carrying around, which is exactly what I'd really hoped for.

I requested a long enough strap to wear it over one shoulder and across my body, since that is a necessity for when I'm out and about and trying to carry and infant car seat along with managing 4 hooligans children. I love the angled pockets across the front: the deepest is tall enough for my 27oz klean kanteen while the shallowest is small enough that I can drop my keys in it and not have to fish around forever to find them again. The middle one is currently holding hand lotion, blistex, and chewing gum.

Photobucket


This is just a picture of the backside, which also has 2 angled pockets. You can see a burp cloth poking out of the one on the left.

Photobucket


Pockets, pockets, pockets!
She lined the inside with 2 good-sized pockets on either side. Then she divided the whole thing with a zippered section. Just so you know how much is in there right now, I have a change of clothes for Claire and 3 of her diapers + 1 of her covers on one side and then 2 diapers for Aubrey on the other, plus the zippered wet bag in the middle, my girlie products in 1 side pocket, my wallet and misc. monies, cards, etc. in another, and then wipes in another (and 1 is empty).

Photobucket



Claire was recently given another handmade gift: a special blanket and burp cloth made by a great friend from Pittsburgh, Sarah (you can visit her etsy shop here to see more blankets and burp cloths she's made and is selling). It's flannel with satin lining and is so very soft and cuddly. Her "special" blanket (each of the kids has one of their very own). We love it!

Photobucket



These are the dessert plates I was given by the church family Friday night at Daniel's ordination. I have 12 altogether and I love them. I'm already trying to figure out what luncheon or small occasion I can plan in the near future so as to use them with a bunch of friends who will oogle over them as much as I have.

Photobucket



And lastly, though not new to Claire (it was actually a gift from Mom to me when I was expecting Gabriel), I just had to show a picture of perhaps my all-time favorite handmade gift: this baby bassinet that a basket-weaver at Plymouth Plantation was commissioned by Mom to make just for me. All my babies have used it and I absolutely adore it.

(Oh, and if you're wondering why it's on top of my bed, it's because it slows Aubrey down enough that I can usually catch her before she's climbed into the bassinet with Claire.)

Photobucket


7 comments:

  1. Okay LOVE the diaper bag...(would your sister make something like that to sell??) seeing as the one I made like I told you is a small suitcase and I just feel stupid carrying it around and I don't have the time to try anything nowadays! LOVE the blanket, and those plates are SO cool! Pretty, but wow just... cool! And it was either you or your Mom (I can't remember who) who said that was where you got your basket, but it turns out (Carol informed me) that the guy no longer is there and so they don't make them anymore! I had been looking for a LONG time with Sophia and even this baby on-line but my goodness the nice ones worth having are a bit pricey!!!... but I found one at the Potsdam flea market (have you been there yet????, well it's my new favorite store, I LOVE it???) for $35!!! There is just something special about them. That's awesome yours was custom made just for you! What a great gift from your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ReneeOckrin - I know Danica just made a bag for Jackie when she asked, so chances are if you inquired, she'd be game (but maybe not until after the holidays-- though who knows?!).  I really have no idea what her prices are, but my guess is that they're less than everything I looked at online that was similar in size/quality/etc (those bags were all in the $80-$100 region-- yikes!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't those plates just make you think of spring? That's what I am thinking of...Spring!!  It seems like Spring outside here.  Maybe its the springy colors of the plates.  Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ethan and Colleen got me the blue dessert plate for my b-day for my kitchen. Aren't they great?Also, oh! The quest for the perfect diaper bag. I hope yours will be perfect. I hate digging and searching for things. And the worst part is the strap. It's gotta be just right so it doesn't keep sliding. I finally went with a  shoulder-sling back pack for Joel and was very pleased with it. But not 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it all!  I know the diaper bag quest well!  I finally found one that I really like, but I'm not sure if I will be able to fit everything for the new baby in it too... *sigh*  I keep thinking that maybe I will make a new one before March, but I'm just not too sure that it will happen!  

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh btw the picture of the baby basket is such a tease.  I want to see whats IN the basket!! Anyone else agree?  ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the plates!  Of course I love anything with birds on it!

    ReplyDelete