Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Island


Last week we left home first thing in the morning, full of anticipation and excitement for 6 days at my aunt's house on Long Island.

It was a great week. Highlights included several hours and a sand-filled picnic lunch on the beach, riding the waves and soaking up the sun; lots of walks around Northport, where Huck & Judy's house is prominently situated at the top of a hill overlooking the harbor and downtown; indoor and outdoor playgrounds; sitting on the big porch and laughing until our stomachs hurt; Aunt Judy's delicious cooking (her fettucine alfredo is to die for); and touring Sagamore Hill.

Mostly, though, it was just great to be together. I didn't care a whole lot what we did, so long as I got to enjoy the company of my family.

And I got to do just that.


4 comments:

  1. How wonderful! Family memories are the best, 'cause they can happen over and over, and become the best memories of a lifetime - especially for the little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @MrsNelsonAndMamma2 - Would you believe that I didn't pull my camera out even once the entire week?  But this time, believe it or not, it wasn't because I was being forgetful; my dad was taking lots of pictures and since he's a much better photographer than I am and owns a much better camera than I do, I figured I'd just wait for his.   Then I'll share some!

    ReplyDelete