Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Summer Birthday


Photobucket
We doubled school assignments on Tuesday so we could take the day off from school yesterday and spend the morning (and a picnic lunch) at a nearby playground.


Photobucket
Fresh flowers from the garden at the dinner table: one of the delights of summer celebrations!


Photobucket
Another delight of summer celebrations: big bowls of fresh fruit.


Photobucket
I love the expression on her face!


Photobucket
The much-anticipated opening of gifts!


Photobucket
"Snow White" receiving one of her birthday phone calls.


7 comments:

  1. Wow- the excitement of an ice cream cone when you're 5.
    Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl!
    Remind her that Emily and Bradley will be in her class at Friday School this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @LisaMCriscitello - I know, right???(But just you wait-- that'll be me when I finally let myself have some refined sugar again!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures!  I am so thankful that you post pictures regularly.  I'm glad I get to share in the events in Madrid in this way.  Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her shirt! So bright and cheery! Perfect for a birthday celebration:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it!  will post k's bday pictures soon - we had a princess in our house, too! 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww!  What a beautiful girl and what a wonderful birthday!  Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete