Sunday, August 9, 2009

Take a deep breath...


... cause here we gooooo!!!!!

Tomorrow morning we are beginning our school year. I'm both excited and nervous.

Last year simply felt, from the get-go, like a really fun chance to get my feet wet, but this year...

*gulp*

This year I have to admit that I frequently find myself wondering, "Can I do this?" The need before me to learn how to juggle the altogether eager appetites of both a first grader and kindergartener, along with the activity of a 3.5-year-old, the demands of training an almost-2-year-old, and the never-ending task of running a home, is a bit daunting. Especially once you add in the newborn who will be arriving in about 10 weeks.

(Uh, is it just me or have the past 7 months absolutely flown by???)

I'm not so nervous about the actual teaching as I am that I will get so overwhelmed in what I need to do in a day that I forget to bring my children along and teach them as we go instead of just getting some check marks in the workbooks.

(Not that there isn't a perfectly acceptable time and place for just getting the work done, but you know what I mean...)

But I'm also excited: excited for this awesome opportunity and privilege! Quite frankly, as legislation gets weird and I wonder often what our government will decide to do next, I don't take getting to stay home and be the one who teaches and coaxes and learns alongside my children for granted. I'm so thankful to be doing this.

So very thankful!


5 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the gulping.  And I'm with you on the excitement and gratefulness.  And I'm also with you on the start of the school year being tomorrow.  You've got me beat with the newborn thing though. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. @BaCkWooDsThInkiNG - You might not have the newborn thing, but you've got the houseFULL thing going on, that's for sure!Hope all is going well for you, today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll do great, you're a Paladin!    If God has called you to do this he will give you what you need to do it His way.  It's a good thing.  And I know you have a good man beside you to help.
    I'm still doing it.  I thought about Alan, should I send him to high school etc....but he really is my diligent one, if I'm in order he will do great.  I wonder sometimes about starting over again with Joy, but she is so ready to learn she should be great too.  It's just that big jump between the two and still having to instill discipline in a 19 year old where we left out for a couple years.  He won't be in college this year.  He left after the first semester.  We agreed it was a good idea, but it still hurts when you have all the expectations.  And feelings of it's all my fault, but that's the lie of the devil, God just gave us more time to help him.  He's happy right now working full time and having his own car he just bought.  Instead of pushing our agenda on him we're trying to help him find out what God wants of him.  It's hard with the first born as you may already know!  We put all our expectations on them....
    Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I guess if it's time to goooo, it's also time to let goooo! Have fun sailing!

    ReplyDelete