Thursday, July 3, 2014

my two little boys

Elliot Hale (27 months old) and Oliver Richard (6-1/2 months old)

These boys couldn't be more different. They hardly look like brothers and they are opposite in almost every way. The compare and contrast exercise has been absolutely fun and hilarious when it comes to the two of them.

The chunky lover-of-nursing; the "I'd much rather be playing ball than eating" toddler.
The happy-go-lucky baby; the determined and opinionated boy.
The one full of smiles for anyone who will take the time to visit; the one preoccupied with the task at hand.
The soft and sweet; the resilient.

I look at them and marvel at God's plan. I can't help but think there will be much iron sharpening iron in their relationship-- sparks that prayerfully Daniel and I can guide them through so that they both emerge from the refining fire more purified and ready for service in the Kingdom. I already see how they have the potential to be such assets to one another. I [no longer secretly] hope that God will partner them in much throughout their lives.

They already have great affection for each other. Built in buddies. It's a blast to have boys back-to-back. I've never done this before! We've had "the big kids" and "the little girls" and now we have "the little boys," too!

Too. much. fun.

1 comment:

  1. I'm fascinated by the variety of hair color in your family!

    ReplyDelete