Friday, April 4, 2014

Caesar Salad Dressing

When Oliver was just about 1 month old, a kind lady and her daughter showed up at my door with an unexpected dinner meal. How she knew that I was just flying in the door from a doctor's appointment and uncertain of what I was going to feed Daniel before he had to head out for an evening meeting is beyond me, but with one knock there she was: a hearty pan of lasagna, the fixings for a fresh salad, yummy homemade coconut filled chocolates in hand.

One taste of that homemade dressing and I was practically begging her for the recipe.

I've made it countless times since and it is consistently my family's favorite. Even in these winter months when fresh veggies are scarce and the ones we can come by are mushy and flavorless at best, this dressing can turn simple greens into a delicious bowl of summer.

And so I share it with you.

Meg's Caesar Salad Dressing
1 clove garlic, minced well
1/4 tsp salt (I usually use sea salt for this recipe)
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup lemon juice (fresh or bottled both work!)
2 T mayonnaise
2 tsp dijon mustard
11/2 tsp anchovy paste (optional)
8 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese

Throw all the ingredients in a 1/2 pint canning jar (or something similar), lid tightly, and shake vigorously.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment