Monday, January 6, 2014

a new year

We ushered in the new year in a quiet, family celebration sort of way.


a candlelit New Year's Eve dinner with sparkling grape juice

(Confession: we were all in bed by 10:30.)


good morning and happy new year from my littlest men


Daniel decided we should spend the new year playing the new games.

a rousing round of Candyland


Skip-Bo!



Risk, which Daniel and I were both absolutely destroyed by the kids in


Bronwyn cleaned up pretty well, overall
 

And what New Year's Day would be complete without food? We ate a fun lunch at home, and we shared a lovely dinner with my family.



This week for me is when I really begin to turn my thoughts to the new year. Along with our church family, we are spending the next several days fasting and praying. As I seek the Lord afresh for what He is saying and drawing me toward, there is one thing I am more certain of than ever: we absolutely, desperately need Jesus this year.

Without Him, we are lost.
In Him, we are home.


No comments:

Post a Comment