Saturday, January 25, 2014

winter days

This January has been one of the coldest I can remember. The temperatures have been bitter. Bitter. Last night, for the first time in my life and despite how childish and immature I knew it really was, I felt almost angry about just how cold I have felt for so many days.

The cure to discontent is thankfulness.

So this morning I am giving thanks...

for candles in the early morning light


 for baby yawns and baby snuggles


for brown paper packages tied up with string, just because


for soft places to land when sickness strikes


for hot drinks around the school table
 
 
for warm gifts from friends
 
 
for cozy dinner tables
 
 
 for a little girl's creativity on busy school days
 
 

 for blueberry pies
 
 
 for a superbly content baby
 

for sweet sibling love
 
 
for science experiments just before bed
 
 
 for a few days here and there that are warm enough to get outside and enjoy
 
 
 for a rearranged kitchen to keep us from going entirely stir-crazy


for fun with Daddy when he's home unexpectedly for lunch 
 
 
It's been a good January after all.

3 comments:

  1. I just went out in the gusty wind, and too far below zero wind chills, and was thinking the same thing - I am so tired of the bitter cold. I like winter, but this bone chilling cold is another matter. Thanks for the reminder to look for the blessings in disguise. First one is I do not have to go out again today. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oliver is adorable! Would you mind sharing what kind/type of boots those are? I have been looking for a pair of snow boots that aren't purple/pink and puffy!! HAHA I love those! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jennifer, they're UGG boots that a far-away-friend found at a thrift store and sent to me. So warm!

    ReplyDelete