Friday, November 1, 2013

Baby Bear


Four years ago she entered our world: soft, sweet, mild-tempered, easy.

Even her actual delivery was easy. At about 11pm on October 31st, the doctor told me following a non-stress test (I had gone in with some unusual bleeding two hours earlier, but I was not in labor as far as I could tell!) that he wasn't leaving the hospital because he was certain the baby was coming and coming soon, and that I shouldn't leave either. I scoffed and protested and whined to Daniel that I just wanted a good night's sleep in my own bed.

Wouldn't you know, at 1:19am Claire Evangeline was born, dimpled and chubby and healthy and just perfect in every way.

She slept 5+ hours at night from the first night we were home. I tell you: easy. She has been a delight, a healing, a source of affection, and a riot everyday since we first met her.

Tonight we celebrated her with Nana, Aunt Camilla, Merrick, brothers and sisters, and special friends (Benny and Mrs. Whalen, specifically!). Between some sniffles and coughs, she indulged in the requested chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, opened gifts, and played well past her normal bedtime.




Our very own Baby Bear. We couldn't love her more!


No comments:

Post a Comment