Wednesday, November 12, 2014

photo dump (and some accompanying verses)

So many beautiful, breathtaking moments this fall-- wedged into the busyness of life as a homeschooling family of nine. Moments that kept bringing my heart back to its center, moments gifted by a Heavenly Father who is daily, line upon line, precept upon precept, teaching me to not get overwhelmed or unduly anxious or inappropriately frustrated, moments that help me remember Who this is all about.

It's not about me.

It's not about my kids.

It's not about my generation or their generation.

It's about Him.

We are part of His story, and the sooner and better we learn that, the more joy we experience in each and every bit of our existence.

What's funny is that these moments are usually very much tied to this life I've been given, these children I'm stewarding, this mission we're about-- and yet when He is fixing my vision, I see right through the temporal, to the One who is eternal and forever praiseworthy; glimpses of the permanent right in the midst of that which is passing away.


For only a penny you can buy two sparrows, yet not one sparrow falls to the ground without your Father's consent. As for you, even the hairs of your head have all been counted. So do not be afraid; you are worth much more than many sparrows!


 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never die. No one can snatch them away from me. What my Father has given me is greater than everything, and no one can snatch them away from the Father's care.


Don’t you see that children are God’s best gift? the fruit of the womb his generous legacy?
Like a warrior’s fistful of arrows are the children of a vigorous youth.
Oh, how blessed are you parents, with your quivers full of children!
Your enemies don’t stand a chance against you; you’ll sweep them right off your doorstep.


 The Lord upholds all who fall, And raises up all who are bowed down.
The eyes of all look expectantly to You, And You give them their food in due season.
You open Your hand And satisfy the desire of every living thing.


 
They find joy in obeying the Law of the Lord, and they study it day and night.
They are like trees that grow beside a stream,
that bear fruit at the right time, and whose leaves do not dry up.
(emphasis mine)

Behold, the Lord God shall come with a strong hand, And His arm shall rule for Him;
Behold, His reward is with Him, And His work before Him.
He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs with His arm,
And carry them in His bosom, And gently lead those who are with young.


 For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.


 For everyone who asks will receive, and anyone who seeks will find, and the door will be opened to those who knock. Would any of you who are fathers give your son a stone when he asks for bread? Or would you give him a snake when he asks for a fish? As bad as you are, you know how to give good things to your children. How much more, then, will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask him!


 The Lord is not slow to do what he has promised, as some think. Instead, he is patient with you, because he does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants all to turn away from their sins.


 Jesus said, “Let the children come to me and do not stop them, because the Kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."


 The wise woman builds her house,
But the foolish pulls it down with her hands.


Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.


"Do not be worried and upset,” Jesus told them. “Believe in God and believe also in me. There are many rooms in my Father's house, and I am going to prepare a place for you. I would not tell you this if it were not so. And after I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to myself, so that you will be where I am."

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being a blessing. Very grateful for your life and your family AND OH SO THANKFUL FOR JESUS.

    ReplyDelete