Wednesday, August 6, 2014

one thing remains


I sing the words and I take comfort in them.

One thing remains.

At the end of the rubble of what was me, but turns out daily to be broken and sin-sick and hopelessly lost, I find that He remains.

Even more miraculous, I daily find that the brokenness and sin-sickness and hopelessness that is being burned away bit by bit actually reveals only Him more perfectly than the most poetic words or put-together life ever could.


I don't know why He's chosen to use human vessels-- people like me who fail, fall short, disappoint, hurt-- except that the more I see how much I need Him, the more free I feel to shout from the rooftops just how good He is. Like the lepers who found bread, I have tasted and seen that there is a well that gives Living Water and I want the world to know.

I've fallen upon the Rock and I have broken, but He has made me new. Not just put together. New. From the inside out.

And now I live and breathe and have my being in Him.

His strength, His life, His power.

No comments:

Post a Comment