Friday, February 28, 2014

what have you been eating?


My sister couldn't have said it better: the winter months get long and the cooking through them can get monotonous. I'm missing my summer and fall weekly CSA share that provides built-in ideas and direction for each day's menu. I think we're probably universally feeling the economic pinch of increasing food costs. Creativity is the name of the game, and it's what I haven't got in abundance these days!

Seeing some other dinner ideas sure did get me a little re-inspired, though!

I'll share mine if you'll share yours!

Disclaimer: I'm not famous for following recipes. Even when I read one, I rarely do exactly what it says. Flexibility is one of the things I love about cooking. But I'll share the recipes that at least provide the general ideas I work off of, where applicable.

Here are 5 meals I've cooked recently (as in, in the past 2 weeks), not including sides/veggies:

1. Greek Veggie Wraps (I used quinoa in place of couscous)

2. Chipotle Chicken Chili (I used chicken thighs, diced and crushed tomatoes, and dried beans)

3. Pasta in a sort of sausage bolognese sauce

4. Chicken and biscuits

5. Mom's Roast Turkey (and giblet gravy, among other "fixings")

On the docket for the coming days (as in, in the next 2 weeks), not including sides/veggies:

1. Lazy Sunday Casserole

2. Black bean quesadillas

3. Wild rice and potato soup (made with stock from the previously roasted turkey)

4. Greek Marinated Chicken

5. Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf (really a Cook's Illustrated recipe, but I don't have a subscription)

Your turn! (If you have a blog, just post the link to your entry here in the comments. Otherwise, feel free to answer right in the comments.)

No comments:

Post a Comment