Saturday, August 31, 2013

Bronwyn

I told myself I wouldn't completely miss taking note of my oldest girl's special before a new month arrived, and so I'm sneaking this in during the final remaining hours in August.

Bronwyn Eliese, my first daughter, my only black-haired baby, my gift, celebrated another year lived on August 12.

Her ninth year was a big deal!

Academically, she excelled. Her confidence in her math skills blossomed, her interest in art took off, and she proved to be a thoughtful little writer when given assignments. She branched out of her comfort zone in quite a few arenas, including playing basketball for the first time and being the first of all the kids to attend a camp of any sort all on her own.



She hasn't stopped being a continual bright spot in our daily lives: helping with chores, singing while she works, laughing all the time, demonstrating a tenderness toward and a desire to be shaped by the Holy Spirit.



If possible, I think she may be even more easy-going now than she was as an infant. Add to that her genuine heart of gratitude and appreciation and you've got a girl who is easy to bless. That's just plain old fun for her mom and dad!



We're thankful for the example she is in our home of kindness and generosity. She has lots of littler-than-hers eyes watching and I'm not lying when I say that I'm glad they're watching her. I am personally challenged often by how graciously she handles disappointment, how patient she is when others use and abuse her things, and how quickly she forgives.



I love her maturity, and I love that she is perfectly content still being a little girl.



She has a beautiful sweetness and innocence that I pray will grow with each passing year.

We love our Bronwyn-girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment