Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday mornings


This semester, for the first time in a year and a half the little girls and I are home on our own each Friday morning while the "big kids" go off to Friday School, which is the weekly homeschool enrichment program at our church. To say I am missing seeing all of the amazing students that I've had the privilege of working with weekly is a huge understatement, but the fun the girls and I have at home-- just us-- is infinitely special, too!

What we do each week has varied a lot so far, but most Fridays include at least some of the following:

- taking walks or "exploring" in the yard
- me getting creamed by Aubrey in a board game of some variety
- doing lots of laundry and both girls thinking they are essential to the success of the task
- baking (bread, muffins, granola bars, cookies, etc) together
- reading lots of story books
- a couple random cleaning jobs that I just don't usually have time for otherwise 

Last week, of course, the major focus was Claire's day #2 of potty training. She has trained more easily than any of my others so although that was the focus, it certainly wasn't as demanding as it could have been. We still managed to do lots of other fun things together and make some headway around the house with "special" jobs, too.

I am loving these mornings with my little girls. What a blessing it has been to have these extra snippets of time to enjoy their personalities! God knows what is right for us in each season, and I must say that these days are most certainly right for us at this time!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment