Friday, August 12, 2011

Bronwyn is 7


A little more than 7 years ago, we were [sometimes impatiently!] waiting for Bronwyn's arrival. No two babies are alike, and Bronwyn wanted to prove that by coming 17 days after her due date. Aside from the usual aches and pains, I was happy overall to let her bide her time, and we had some special last outings-- just the 3 of us-- as we waited for her to come.


Then she came, at last, on a cooler August day, born into a peaceful room at The Midwife Center, right in the heart of Pittsburgh. She had dark hair, red skin, and a loud cry.

It never fails to amaze me how the minute I meet one of my children face to face, I wonder how I ever lived without knowing them before.


My recovery with Bronwyn was rather quick, despite my [customary] dangerously-low iron levels post-birth, probably thanks to a very "textbook" labor and delivery (12 hours start to finish and 15 minutes of pushing). She made her first public debut at church 10 days following her birth.


We were now four.

 

It's hard to believe it's been 7 years now since Bronwyn became such an indispensable part of our lives. She was an easy, easy, easy baby and is now a delightful and enjoyable girl, helpful and eager and content and pleasant and silly and chatty and sincere.

We love her so!

 

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Bronwyn!!I remember coming to visit you just hours after she was born! She was just perfect! I can't believe it's really been 7 years?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She most certainly brightens up my world! Love to my wonderful Baby B #2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what I remember about her birth was Dad positively BEAMING as he called through the house that she was born. Funny how you can instantly love someone without even seeing them. Happy birthday to a beautiful and special girl. Our princess baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute dress in that one photo, haha!  I still totally remember coming over and seeing her sound asleep in her car seat on the kitchen table and you telling us, "Yeah, she's been like that for 3 hours and she slept all night last night."  

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy BIrthday Bronwyn!!!  I love the pictures.  What a sweet girl.  We love the pictures of the house updates too.  Wow!  I can't wait to see them in person!  

    ReplyDelete