Friday, April 15, 2011

Recent gifts



Photobucket
Spring's first pussy willow, hand delivered to my door by the wonderful neighbor in The Old Stone Home down the road. I love it.


Photobucket
An old print that I was going to sell in a garage sale turned into a chalkboard by applying three easy coats of chalkboard paint. I've been looking for quite some time for a way to bring more Scripture into our home, and this? This is perfect.


Photobucket
This book, which I'm in the middle of reading. It has felt like a drink of cold water to my parched soul, its story telling me over and over and over, "This isn't as good as it gets for you: God has joy for you."


Photobucket
Inexpensive butcher block countertop, purchased while we were in Pittsburgh last week and installed by my husband in a short hour yesterday evening. It's what I've dreamed of since we remodeled our kitchen, especially on this lower counter, and it's better than I'd even hoped.


Photobucket
Old (1870!) postcards that were found in the walls of our house during our last renovations. The matting was a gift from one neighbor, the frame was a gift from my mom, and it was all assembled for me by yet another neighbor. Every time I look at it, I think two things: 1. I live in a really old house and I love that, and 2. there are a lot of people in my life who love and bless me.


4 comments:

  1. Wow, everything looks amazing... LOVE that last frame/postcards and I may copy your scripture blackboard...  We thought of doing a wall/section of a wall at one point, but it was too permanent for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. butcher block from ikea? can't wait to hear how it holds up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chalkboard looks great! Every year I want pussy willows and every year I don't get any. I'm thinking it's time to plant a bush, yours look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really needed to read your post this day.  Thank you for being faithful! Linda

    ReplyDelete