Thursday, March 26, 2009

Around here::


:: we are busily getting ready for a fun long weekend with Grandma and Pap-Pap! They will get to see Gabriel perform at CFA's Grandparents' Day, watch Gabriel's last Upward basketball game of the season, go to church with us, and generally dote on some very excited grandchildren!

:: my stomach is seriously starting to pooch a bit. I am in disbelief. I mean, I realize this is #5 (!), but come on! This is really setting a record for me! (Can I blame it on scar tissue? Please???)

:: I have really good days and really bad days as far as being sick goes. Generally everyday is marked by exhaustion and an inability to accomplish as much as usual, but I am trying to just take one day at a time and remember that this is just a season. You'd think I'd know this by now, but some lessons are harder to learn than others.

:: it's starting to feel like spring! We have taken walks the past two days. Gabriel and Bronwyn played outside for hours yesterday afternoon. It is lovely.

:: the Easter decorations are out and I am getting very geared-up for our celebrations. My favorite part so far this year is hearing Gabriel explain to Bronwyn that Jesus' death was a really, really good thing even though it seems really, really bad thing, because otherwise we couldn't have forgiveness and go to heaven. He knows the Gospel. I love this.

:: I finished a large jar of salsa pretty much single-handedly in 3 days. In case you were wondering what lines my cravings are falling along these days.


11 comments:

  1. Thats exciting, every step of pregnancy is so fun :) well maybe not the sick part... I like salsa on scrambled eggs, ever tried it? Hope all is well !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @HeidiPerez - Yes, I have!  But I must say that eggs are one thing my stomach will not tolerate so far this pregnancy.  I think it may be a while before I'm willing to give them a whirl again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes jar salsa just hits the spot.
    I like Pace (hot, of course) or Newman's Own Roasted Garlic.
    Ever tried either one of those? With blue-corn tortilla chips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @LisaMCriscitello - Oh yeah!   I am totally a Pace girl. I've never tried Newman's Own, but I can't imagine anything made by Newman's Own not being amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @brietta - so far the main thing that doesn't settle at all is cabbage. I love it but it it's not a meal that stays where it's suppose to. I didn't know that Newman's made a salsa, I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you may be able to put at least a little blame on the scar tissue.  I have one spot that has never healed right and is always a bit "poochy".  Then again, baby # 5 may have something to do with it, too :).  And I think salsa has been one of the staples in each of my pregnancies.  I'm not normally a big fan of spicy food, but when I'm pregnant I can't seem to get enough.  It's amazing what hormones can do!  Hope your nausea issues are soon relieved...I feel for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Brietta.. I feel for you in this exhaustion stage! I have really bad/hard days concerning that. I keep telling myself as well this is just a season, but one I look forward to being done with! My problem is I wake up with all this energy and end up doing too much (aka...everything that didn't end up getting done the day before) only to utterly exhaust myself that by 10:30 I'm couch ridden until the hours drag by when I can really sleep when the kids go down after lunch. Okay.. I'm still learning too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to you and your family on having a new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brietta,

    If you need help, give me a call and I will come over for you!

    connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am lauging as i read about your love of salsa! when i've been pregnant salsa is one of the things i avoid!! i think toast is one of my favorites=) and perogies, they're pretty safe too. Easter/Spring are my favorite time of year, and it sounds like you have lovely weather!! I hope your visit with family from PGH is lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Glorious cravings.  When I was pregnant with rosalie all I wanted to eat was tomatos..this included salsa. The woman that I work for thought this was great and sent me home with BOXES of tomatos. So I made tomato sauce and was a very content pregnant lady.  On the up side rosalie has no issue when I eat anything that is saucey!

    ReplyDelete