Monday, October 31, 2005

Another beautiful fall day. I love this time of year. I love 60-degree weather with the sun shining so brightly it's hard to see far down the street. I love leaves on the ground and leaves being burned. I love crisp breezes and fresh air. I love a cold nose and hot tea.


I went out to run a couple errands this morning all by myself. Funny how much I appreciate a lot more of the little things in life now. For example, I took as long as I wanted to looking at things in stores without a single small child whining to leave or touching things on racks and shelves, and I didn't take it for granted. I got in and out of the van without unbuckling carseats and carrying a big diaper bag, and I noticed the ease of such activities. I carried the few items I was purchasing in my arms because I didn't have to push a cart or stroller, and I enjoyed doing so thoroughly.


Being a mom is so wonderful; I wouldn't trade my job--my role--as mom to Gabriel and Bronwyn for anything in the world. But occasional opportunities to remember my status as a human being are special. It was nice to have a moment today.

4 comments:

  1. I love to do errands alone. I have take an unusual enjoyment in walk around stores by myself.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay that is not supposed to be "have take"... just take. oops

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only have one smal child right now, but I know what you mean.  I went to pick up some lunch at Subway the other day without Caedmon along, and even that was refreshing...but I always miss him when we spend even a couple hours apart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey just wanted to let you know I called and left you a message on your cell this morning.

    ReplyDelete