Thursday, May 29, 2014

Sowing

Some days, I'm sure we're getting it all wrong.

After all, surely if we were doing it right, we would be getting better results.

But some days I'm sure that I'm just looking too soon, focusing too small, analyzing too intensely. Some days I'm sure that right now, right here, I need to stop asking, "Where's the fruit?" and just ask once again, "Did I sow well, Lord?"


Some days the seeds that were planted were ugly ones. And on those days, I repent, I hold hands in my own, I look deep into eyes, I ask for forgiveness, and I pray, "God, let the seeds of this day be ones of repentance and humility and restoration."

But always, always, always: "God, let me sow today,"

and

"God, let everything that was sown in the Spirit go deep, and let everything that was sown of the flesh be washed away."

I am simply the farmer, tilling the ground, planting the seeds, watering when I can, holding my breath at times, wondering if I got it all wrong many times, certain I haven't done enough all the time.

But God gives the increase.

And I can trust Him.


Sowing nearness
 

Sowing knowledge


Sowing friendship


Sowing acceptance


Sowing energy


Sowing guidance


Sowing love


No comments:

Post a Comment