Wednesday, July 31, 2013

a new place

For the past eight years, xanga has been a sort of home for me; a place for musings, updates, ramblings, recipe sharing, homeschool talk, celebrating births and birthdays, and perhaps even writing something worth sharing every once in a great while.

Certainly along the way I thought about switching to a "cooler" and more "updated" blog format, but the problem there was that I didn't have the technical know-how to import all the history I'd collected at xanga-- something I wasn't ready to just do without-- and I was pretty convinced it wasn't worth inconveniencing someone who did have the know-how for. After all, xanga worked for my simple objectives: to stay in touch with friends and family, to keep a sort of family record, and to take time every so often for noting the things God is teaching me.

Also?

I'm just not cool.

And I'm okay with that.

Recently, though, the word on the street has been that xanga is done as of today. Gone the way of all things earthly, I suppose.

And so it was time, ready or not, to move on.

And thanks to the technical know-how of the best brother in the whole wide world of brothers, it carries with it all the past history and archives that the sentimental part of me simply wasn't quite ready to ditch-- right back to when I was a mom of just two little ones, living in a 2-bedroom townhouse less than 1000 square feet big, and very much still in the newest stages of being a wife and mom.

If you subscribe to blogs, you'll want to switch the address from brietta.xanga.com to briettapaladin.blogspot.com.

Welcome to my new "home."

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Bri! Have ever so much fun still, and yes, the best brother in the whole wide world of brothers. Love you!

    ReplyDelete